Monthly Virtual Job Fair
Third Wednesday of the Month: January – November*
9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00 to 4:00pm
Employer registration for the January Virtual Job Fair is closed. The next Virtual Job Fair will be on Wednesday, February 15. Employer registration opens Monday, January 30 and closes Friday, February 3.
Connect with job seekers over a 15-minute phone screening to discuss current job opportunities and learn about their skills and experience.
How it works:
- Register to participate using the form below. Please note: registration will be open to the first 50 employers.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email from West Michigan Works! (check your email’s spam or junk folder if you don’t receive your confirmation soon).
- You will receive an additional email with your call schedule from West Michigan Works! the day before the job fair. If the job seeker submitted a resume, we will include this for your review. PLEASE NOTE: West Michigan Works! staff has not had a chance to assist all job seekers with or review their resumes. Additionally, if a job seeker is not qualified for the position based on their resume, you will still keep the scheduled phone screening to discuss other opportunities and/or provide feedback.
- Please keep your phone calls to 15 minutes and call job seekers at the scheduled time to prevent getting backed up.
West Michigan Works! will handle the promotion to job seekers. If you want to promote your participation in the event and invite more job seekers to participate, you’ll find social media posts and an event flyer on the virtual hiring event promotion page.
In order to participate in a Hiring Event, the following terms and conditions must be adhered to:
- Employer must have a Pure Michigan Talent Connect (PMTC) account and have the positions posted on PMTC. You can create an account on the PMTC website. If you need assistance with this, please contact a West Michigan Works! Business Solutions Representative.
- Employer confirms that the positions being recruited for are actual/real positions, not positions that might be available in the future.
- Employer confirms that they and the job openings for which they are recruiting are located with the seven-county region we serve (Allegan, Barry, Ionia, Kent, Montcalm, Muskegon, and Ottawa counties).
- Employer agrees to contact the job seeker regardless of their resume content and/or if they do not qualify for the current opening.
- Employer agrees to complete surveys immediately following the event.
- Employer agrees to refrain from asking questions that have been deemed unlawful by the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission (please refer to www.eeoc.gov for additional information).
The next monthly virtual job fair is scheduled for Wednesday, February 15. Employer registration opens Monday, January 30!