Going PRO Talent Fund
The Going PRO Talent Fund, formerly the Skilled Trades Training Fund (STTF), provides competitive awards for the development and implementation of training that addresses documented skill deficits.
Employers play an integral role in the program by working with their Michigan Works! Agency and partners in economic development and education to:
- Identify the skill deficit.
- Define the specific skills needed.
- Develop a training plan to address the need.
The training must lead to full-time employment or continued employment. Allowable training and targeted funding amounts include:
- Classroom Training for Incumbent Workers or New Hires: up to $2,000 per individual
- On-the-Job Training for New Hires: up to $2,000 per individual
- U.S. Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeships: up to $3,500 per individual
- Additional incentives may apply per trainee from targeted groups
Eligible employers must:
- Demonstrate a need for training that will allow their business to compete, expand and contribute to the local economy.
- Do business in Michigan.
- Be financially sound and current on all federal and state tax obligations.
- Be willing to participate under the project’s eligibility parameters and guidelines.