Please Note: Registrations must be received at least 8 days prior to the requested event date.
West Michigan Works! hosts regular Hiring Events to assist employers in their recruiting efforts. We ask that your representatives treat all applicants with respect, provide timely and specific instruction on application processes and deliver feedback where appropriate on applicant status and opportunities to improve.
In order to participate in a Hiring Event, the following terms and conditions must be adhered to:
- Employer must have a Pure Michigan Talent Connect (PMTC) account and have the positions posted on PMTC in order to participate in a Hiring Event. You can create an account on the PMTC website. If you need assistance creating a PMTC account, please contact a West Michigan Works! Business Solutions Representative.
- Employer agrees to provide follow up information to West Michigan Works! regarding the status (open or filled) of these positions.
- Employer confirms that the positions being recruited for are actual/real positions, not positions that might be available in the future.
- Employer representative(s) must arrive 15 minutes prior to the agreed start time.
- Employer will be present for the duration of the scheduled Hiring Event.
- Employer acknowledges that there may be multiple employers present during a Hiring Event.
- Request must be submitted at least 8 days prior to the requested date.
- If your company is recruiting on behalf of another company we ask that you disclose the company name(s) for whom you are recruiting; our experience has shown that this information improves job seeker turnout.
- Employer is responsible for providing all applications, documents, writing equipment, etc.
- Employer will be emailed a survey and asked to provide feedback regarding the event.
- In an effort to attract a large pool of applicants, we suggest that a participating employer also market the event in accordance with company marketing mediums.
- Employer agrees to refrain from asking questions that have been deemed unlawful by the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission (please refer to www.eeoc.gov for additional information).
- In order to ensure safety, West Michigan Works! will determine when maximum building capacity has been reached. West Michigan Works! reserves the right to cancel or turn away applicants if safety concerns arise.